Introducing the revival of Aqua Manda, a nostalgic perfume designed for those who want to wear it again or for a new generation.
Aqua Manda was timed perfectly to capture the spirit of the late 60's to the mid 70’s. It’s packaging suggesting oranges and flowers which chimed in perfectly with the era has been recreated with the original packaging's nostalgic style.
Aqua Manda is remembered by many as a perfume associated with their youth. It was the definitive scent of a generation and as much a part of the backdrop to that late 60's and early 70’s era as the music and the fashion.
This recreation of the original scent has been painstakingly developed by a team of perfumers at the original oil suppliers and after many trials and tests it has finally been approved by the original creator of the Aqua Manda fragrance, Christopher Collins who has acted as an advisor on its relaunch.
All of our Aqua Manda products are made and packed in England.
A brief history of Aqua Manda
- Douglas Collins was a perfumer based in Mayfair and started his company DR Collins Ltd in 1932.
- He changed the company name to Goya in 1937.
- Aqua Manda® was launched in 1947.
- Goya was sold to Reckitt & Colman in 1962.
- Douglas Collins bought the company back himself in 1964.
- His son Christopher joined in 1965 and ran the company.
- 1968 to 1973 Advertised on Radio Luxembourg with the voice of Christopher Collins.
- Aqua Manda® Sell through 20,000 bottles p.a. 120,000 bottles over this period.
- 1969 to 1975 it was a very popular perfume brand sold into Boots and Department stores.
- Goya was sold to ICI in 1975 and the brand was eventually discontinued.
- 2008 - Present - there have been thousands of on-line messages to ‘bring back Aqua Manda®’.
- 2013 Trademark registered by Beauty Brand Development Limited.
- 2013 Originator Christopher Collins and original oil suppliers join project team as advisory consultants.
- 2013 Online campaigns, other social media groups and message boards continue to support the fragrance coming back.
- Aqua Manda re-launched November 2013